Book your transfer in Turkey
Turkey Travel Guide
Best time to travel to Turkey:
April- June, Sept- Nov.
Best time to travel to Turkey for water sports:
June - Sept.
Best time to travel to Turkey for the eastern part:
June - Sept.
Worst time to travel to Turkey:
Dec-March (months that are cool and damp),
Ramadan (check dates on line)
Recommended length of stay: 2 weeks – don’t miss visiting Istanbul for at least 3 days.
Turkey Festival Guide:
Ramadan: it is the religious month in which Muslims fast during daytime and services can be erratic.
Kurban Bayrami: Sometime between February and April it is a four-day religious festival while many facilities might be closed and resorts tend to be crowded.
Kirkpinar Oiled Wrestling: takes place in mid-June, Edirne.
Istanbul International Festival of Arts: takes in late June - mid July, a world-class music and dance festival
Republic Day: In October when speeches and parades occur in each city
Turkey Activities Guide:
Walking/hiking/ Mountain biking: The best places to go is Cappadocia, the Kackar Mountains that are near the Black Sea.
Boat trips: there plenty boat trips on offer in Turkey and it is quite common for tourists to take even a small cruise while at holiday. The quality and routes vary and it is advised to check local cruises on arrival since it is only on high season that routes operate regularly. Bodrum and Marmaris ports are from the most popular starting points.
Water sports: there are plenty of water sports in most of the beaches such as water skiing and scuba diving
Paragliding: especially at Olu Deniz
Why Travel to Turkey? (Pros and cons)
- Stunning landscapes
- Efficient sun and good temperatures on Aegean coast.
- Very good value for money in terms of shopping
- Leather goods in extreme variety and prices
- Good travel packages on offer
- Relatively a cheap destination in comparison to European ones
- A few Islamic fundamentalist incidents though they are rare and not yet targeting tourists.
- Turkish language is a difficult and many Turks don't speak English especially outside resort areas.
- Many destinations even though extremely beautiful might be dangerous for those suffering from allergies due to wild nature so keep it in mind when booking.
- Small sites of big interest, cannot contain the herds of tourists.
- Distances between major sights are considerable.
- Hagia Sophia
- Basilica Cistern
- Blue Mosque
- Istanbul Archaeological Museum
- Istanbul Museum Of Islamic Arts (Hippodrome)
- The Great Palace Mosaic Museum
- Egyptian Spice Bazaar Grand Bazaar
- Naval Museum
- Sadberk Hanım Museum
- Rahmi Koç Museum
- SABANCI Museum (Atlı Köşk)
- Hagia Irini church
- Eyüp Sultan Mosque
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Obelisk Beyazıt Square And Tower
- The Prince Islands
- Dolmabahce Palace
- Topkapı Palace
- Yıldız Palace
- Beylerbeyi Palace
- Galata Tower
- Castles Yedikule
- Golden Horn And Bosphorus
- Taksim and Istiklal Street
- Kariye Museum
- Fenari lsa Camii
- Bodrum camii
- Hippodrome (At Meydani)
- Ciragan Kucuksu Pavilion (Kasrı)
- Tophane Pavilion (Kasrı)
- New Mosque (Yeni Camii)
- Suleiman Mosque (Süleymaniye Camii)
- Haydarpasa Train Station
- Maiden's Tower (Kız Kulesi)
- Fatih Mosque and Complex (Fatih Camii Külliyesi)
- Sokullu Mehmet Pasa Mosque
- Rustem Pasha Mosque
- Camlica Hill
- Anıtkabir Ataturk’s Mausoleum
- Citadel Etnographical Museum
- Anatolian Civilizations Museum
- Augustus Temple and Hacı Bayram Mosque
- Roma Baths
- Martyrs Memorial
- The National Park
- Konak Square And Clock Tower Archaeology Museum
- Old Izmir And The Temple Of Athena Cesme Center And Castle
- Alacatı Old Foca Bergama
- Selcuk-Ephesus Sirince
- Didim (Didyma)
- Konyaaltı Beach
- Kesik Mosque
- Alanya Castle
- Alanya-Red Tower
- Manavgat Falls
- Kas Kalkan
- Bodrum Castle
- Underwater Archaeology Museum
- Antique Theater
- Port Of Myndos
- Marmaris Castle
- Marmaris Marinas