Book your transfer from Kefalonias airport
Free Child seats in many destinations
Top quality vehicles used
No shared transfers or stopovers
No hidden charges
Covered on arrival delays
Instant on line confirmation
Book as soon as 24 hours prior to your arrival!
1-4, 5-8 and 9-20 vehicle capacity
Kefalonia airport transfers and Kefalonia airport guide
Kefalonia airport is located in Minies, Argostoli. The airport was built in the late 1970s. Before that, the only way to reach Kefalonia was by ferryboat. The airport has been enlarged and expanded several times since then. However
the airport is still extemely small and struggles, especially in the summer when there are several planes in the airport at once. Staff tend to get you on the plane as soon as possible and you wait on the plane for about 1/2 hour. The
plane almosts acts as a second departure lounge!
The airport does not operate 24 hours, 365 days per year but it is very busy over the summer period.
Full Airport Name
Kefalonia Island International Airport
Address: Minies, Kefalonia, Greece, Postcode 28100
IATA airport code: EFL
ICAO airport code: LGKF
Number of Terminals: 1
Location: 9km south of Argostoli
Information and Help Desks:
There is one information desk in the terminal, located centrally in the departures area.
Eating and drinking:
One cafeteria at the departure area
There is a kiosk selling a variety of local and other products including spirits, chocolates, newspapers and cigarettes. A Jewelery shop is also open at airport working hours. Tax free shopping is also available.
Kefalonia airport control tower
Airlines and destinations
- Aegean Airlines(Athens)
- Athens Airways
- Niki (Thessaloniki, Vienna) [seasonal]
- Olympic Airlines (Athens, Preveza-Lefkas, Zakynthos)
- Finnair (Helsinki-Vantaa) [seasonal]
- Jat Airways (Belgrade) [seasonal]
- Malév (Budapest) [seasonal]
- Monarch Airlines (Birmingham, London-Gatwick, London-Luton, Manchester, Newcastle) [seasonal]
- Thomas Cook Airlines (Birmingham, London-Gatwick, Manchester) [seasonal]
- Thomson Airways (Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London-Gatwick, London-Stansted [begins 3 May], Manchester)